Talking about death makes many Americans uncomfortable. We don’t like to think about our own mortality. So, what do we do? We ignore the subject and hope that it will go away.
Of course, it doesn’t go away, though. Nothing is as sure as the fact that we will all die. And some of us will die unexpectedly, in unforeseen ways.
- If you have a heart attack tomorrow, would your family know whether you want to be resuscitated?
- If you got hurt in a serious car accident tomorrow, could your spouse afford to stay in the family’s home?
- If you died tomorrow, could your adult children divide up your property without arguing?
- If you and your spouse died tomorrow, do you know who would raise your young child?
If you cannot answer those questions with a resounding, “yes,” you probably need an estate plan. The Orange County wills and trusts lawyers at the Law Office of James F. Roberts & Associates, A Professional Corporation can help you achieve the peace of mind that comes from creating a personalized estate plan.
Our Orange estate planning attorneys approach estate planning from a personal angle
Of course, we understand the technical details in creating wills, trusts, and related documents. In fact, we’ve even prepared some educational resources about wills and trusts. If you would like to receive a FREE copy of our pamphlet, “The Ten Things You Must Know Before Creating (or Amending) Your Will or Trust” or a FREE copy of our DVD, “Understanding the Revocable Living Trust: In Language that Anyone Can Understand in 8 Minutes,” let us know.
Other attorneys understand the technical aspects of estate planning, too. What sets us apart, however, isn’t our legal knowledge. It’s our people skills.
Our law firm would be nothing without our clients. We never forget that! We also recognize that we help people navigate tricky situations and deal with uncomfortable topics. When we help our clients get their affairs in order, we make sure that we:
- Listen to our clients. How else could we create estate plans that reflect our clients’ unique needs and objectives?
- Educate our clients. We empower our clients by giving them the information and resources they need to make meaningful decisions.
- Treat our clients with respect. Most of our clients have worked hard all their lives. They deserve the peace of mind that comes with knowing that their affairs are in order.
We create comprehensive estate plans: wills, trusts, advance medical directives, and more
Some people may scoff at the idea of an “estate plan.” They may believe their assets do not warrant an estate plan.
In reality, there’s no monetary threshold for creating a living trust or drafting a will. People create living trusts and wills to protect their families and their assets, without regard to the size of their bank accounts. Creating a living trust and a will is the best way to protect your loved ones and to ensure that your wishes will be carried out if you become incapacitated or die unexpectedly.
We create comprehensive plans that address all of a client’s requirements. Our estate plans are personally tailored to each client’s needs and take into consideration tax implications, family relationships, governmental involvement, health care concerns, and more.
Please contact our Orange estate planning attorneys for your estate planning needs
If you would like our Orange, California estate planning attorneys to discuss the estate planning process with you, contact us. You may reach us by calling (714) 459-5481 or by filling out an online contact form.
We draft wills and living trusts for people who live in Anaheim, Orange, City of Villa Park, Yorba Linda, Fullerton, Huntington Beach, Placentia, Santa Ana, Irvine, Garden Grove, and La Habra.