Orange County California

Trust Attorneys


Related Links

After a loved one passes, the process of implementing a California estate plan begins. Depending on the size of the estate or other complicating factors, the administration of a trust in Orange County may require specialized knowledge. Fortunately, as a trustee, you generally have the ability to seek guidance from experienced advisors. The following is an overview of advisors that you may want in your corner:

  1. A knowledgeable Orange County trust lawyer. A lawyer can help ensure that you are following proper procedures, staying on top of changes to the local, state, and federal laws, and fulfilling all of your duties as trustee.
  2. An experienced tax advisor. A CPA can prepare the many tax documents that may be required as the estate plan is implemented. This could include an estate income tax return, a trust income tax return, a personal income tax return of the decedent, an estate tax return, or a gift tax return. The CPA will also advise you of dates to be aware of, as well as help you understand what information and documents you will need to support your tax filings.
  3. A knowledgeable financial advisor. In some cases, you may want guidance from an investment professional that can help ensure that the assets of the trust are protected. Trustees have a duty to act reasonably when it comes to managing financial assets. Seeking help from a professional helps to ensure that you are fulfilling that duty.
  4. An experienced real estate professional. A real estate agent can help advise you as to any trust assets that consist of real property. This may include updates on current market decisions, assistance with getting a house ready for sale, or assistance with finding renters.

In many cases, your professional advisors can work together to form a team that effectively and efficiently implements an estate plan. To learn more, contact the knowledgeable Orange County trust attorneys at the Law Office of James F. Roberts & Associates, APC. Call our office today at (714) 282-7488 for a consultation.

Pin It on Pinterest