When it comes to finding an trust administer attorney for your loved one’s trust, it is important to understand that not all lawyers are created equal. Some attorneys who report that they practice in the trust administration field, in fact, have very little experience in this area. It is important to choose an attorney who has significant experience administering trusts, as this is a unique and complex area of the law.
Five Resources for Trust Administration Attorney Referrals
So who can you contact to find an attorney if you do not already know one? Following are five resources to use if you are in need of a referral:
- Contact your accountant or CPA. Why ask this individual? Many times, CPA’s will spend a good deal of time working with attorneys when it comes to trust or estate administration. As such, your CPA will likely have certain attorneys that he can recommend based on his personal experience working with them on other matters.
- Contact your financial advisor. Similarly, your financial advisor, if he has been in the industry for a long time, has likely spent a fair amount of time working directly with attorneys who focus their practices on trusts and estates. Ideally, this advisor is someone you trust, who can also point you in the direction of an attorney that can handle your trust administration efficiently.
- Consult with friends or family who have recently lost loved ones and been faced with the task of administering a trust or estate. They may have someone that they can recommend to you.
- Consider contacting the Orange County Bar Association if you are still in need of a referral. The Bar offers many helpful resources for individuals searching for an attorney.
- Contact us. At the Law Office of James F. Roberts & Associates, we have spent many years representing clients in the administration of their loved ones’ estates and trusts. It would be our pleasure to do the same for you.
When it comes to finding an trust administer attorney for your loved one’s trust,this information can help you to find an attorney who is right for you. Do you have more questions? We encourage you to send us an email today. We would love to hear from you.