Nine Specific Duties During the Trust Implementation Process in Anaheim. If your loved one recently passed away, naming you as a successor trustee of his living trust, you may have very limited knowledge of the role of a trustee. Trustees of living trusts in California must follow the laws and guidelines outlined by the California Probate Code. Failing to properly implement an estate plan can result in significant harm to the assets of the trust. Fortunately, an experienced Anaheim trust attorney can help guide you through the trust administration process to ensure that you fulfill each of your duties.
What are some of the duties of a trustee of an Anaheim living trust? The following are just nine common examples:
- Administer the Anaheim trust in accordance with its own terms.
- Implement the trust in accordance with the California Probate Code.
- Follow written instructions given by anyone with the power to revoke the trust or by someone who was given the power to direct the trustee by the settlor of the trust.
- If there is more than one trustee, participate in the administration of the trust.
- Take reasonable steps to prevent a co-trustee from committing a breach of trust.
- Compel a co-trustee to resolve a breach of trust.
- When implementing the Anaheim trust, consider the interests of each beneficiary. Each beneficiary may have separate needs.
- Take reasonable measures to protect the trust assets.
- Apply the full extent of the trustee’s skills during the administration process.
Nine Specific Duties During the Trust Implementation Process in Anaheim. Fortunately for those new to the trust implementation process, our free guide, Understanding the Revocable Living Trust – In Language that Anyone Can Understand in 8 Minutes, provides helpful information about living trusts. In addition, a knowledgeable Anaheim trust attorney at the Law Office of James F. Roberts & Associates, APC, can help guide you every step of the way through the administration process. Call our office today at (714) 282-7488 for a consultation.