Check Your Vitals: Six Important Facts About Anaheim Advance Directives. While the will and trust are often the stars of the show, they are not the only documents that comprise your entire estate plan. As you begin preparing your estate plan, your attorney will guide you through an overview of the typical ancillary documents that are often used. An Anaheim advance directive is one such document. The advance directive is used for healthcare-related reasons.
The following are six helpful facts about advance directives in California:
- Your advance directive appoints someone who can make healthcare decisions on your behalf in the event you are unable to make those choices.
- An advance directive in Anaheim outlines the types of medical treatment that you would or would not like to receive.
- Common choices for your healthcare agent include a spouse, parent, partner, relative, or close friend.
- Your healthcare provider cannot be appointed as your agent under an advance directive.
- Your agent is not required to live in California, but you should consider his proximity to where you live for practical reasons.
- Qualities to look for when choosing an agent are dependability, assertiveness, and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
As you work to create your Anaheim advance directive, your attorney can help explain the various choices that you have for customizing your document. Clients often have questions about the various medical treatments that are frequently referenced. Your attorney can also outline additional individuals who are disqualified from serving as your agent.
Check Your Vitals: Six Important Facts About Anaheim Advance Directives. To learn more about advance directives and other documents that are part of your new estate plan, contact an experienced Anaheim estate planning attorney at the Law Office of James F. Roberts & Associates, APC, today at (714) 282-7488.