California Trust Administration and Orange County Estate Planning Services
What We Do: Empower clients with information, making estate planning a comfortable process.
Our estate planning attorneys are extremely client-focused, taking the time to listen, and explain the intricacies of the estate planning process in everyday language. This personalized attention empowers clients to make confident, informed decisions. We also provide complimentary written and visual educational resources to clients, as well as all website visitors.
Our Approach: Always client-centered, resulting in unique plans rather than “one-size-fits-all” products.
We understand that checking off a few boxes on a form can’t create a solution that meets a client’s individual estate needs. What suits one client, may be quite inappropriate for another. We always consider each client’s personal circumstances and relationships, tax issues, governmental involvement concerns, and other matters in efforts to design a plan that reflects individual intentions and wishes. When clients walk out of our office with an estate plan in place, they experience the PEACE OF MIND that comes from knowing they are protecting themselves and their loved ones’ interests.
Building Relationships: We revisit estate plans to ensure they meet our clients’ changing circumstances.
Life is dynamic, and change is inevitable. The day may come when the arrangements in your current trust, will or durable power of attorney need to be revised. Our estate planning attorneys regularly meet with clients who need to modify their estate plans to accommodate new conditions. They review clients’ existing estate plans, discuss current laws and situations, and amend the documents as directed.
Guiding Trustee Clients: We help successor trustees navigate the trust administration process.
Implementing another person’s trust or will can be challenging. Being appointed trustee can make a person feel like he or she was awarded an honor and assigned a difficult job at the same time. A successor trustee must take on complex duties and tackle challenging tasks typically after the trust’s creator, who is often a beloved parent, passes away or becomes incapacitated by illness or dementia.
Given the complexities of trust administration, it’s understandable that many successor trustees seek the guidance of an experienced trust attorney for help with:
- Reviewing the trust documents, explaining the trust’s provisions and the administrator’s duties.
- Developing a strategy for handling issues related to the trust such as collecting assets, paying creditors, transferring title of assets to the beneficiaries, and filing the required forms with the appropriate entities.
- Navigating trust-related decisions that must be made in the specific time frames required by law.
We Stay Connected: Clients receive our newsletter, special event invitations, and other information on a regular basis.
We keep our clients abreast of the latest law changes that may affect their trusts, share information on specific topics geared toward trustees and their families, and provide insight into reasons why it is necessary to keep estate planning documents updated. We address these issues through:
- Our quarterly newsletter, with a personalized message from James F. Roberts
- Brief informational letters with enclosed discounts on services
- Fun, interactive and enlightening seminars such as the Bucket Workshops and Family Days held at local small venues.
Please contact our office at (714) 459-4581, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., today to schedule your FREE initial consultation with one of experienced estate attorneys.
Many people go through life thinking they will get around to drafting wills, creating living trusts, and crafting estate plans “later.” For some, death comes before “later” happens.
One of the only certainties in life is that things will change. When your financial and family circumstances change, you must remember to update your will and estate plan. Doing so is the only way to ensure that your goals and objectives will be carried out. Our Anaheim wills and trusts attorneys explain what events should trigger a review and modification of your estate plan, and how those events can impact your current estate plan.
At the Law Office of James F. Roberts & Associates, A Professional Corporation, we guide clients through trust administration issues. We help them understand trust documents and locate trust assets. We guide them through the decisions they must make and educate them regarding their duties and responsibilities.
- Posted on 12/17/2015How to Ensure the Care and Welfare of Your Pet After You Die
- Posted on 12/10/2015Anaheim Estate Planning: Don’t Forget These Items
- Posted on 12/04/2015The Importance of Creating a Detailed Estate Plan
- Posted on 04/03/2017 Click Here to Read Our April 2017 Newsletter
- Posted on 03/02/2017 Click Here to Read our March E-Newsletter
- Posted on 01/31/2017 Click Here to Read Our February Monthly E-Newsletter