Estate tax laws are constantly changing. Currently, they are set at 35%, but this number could very well increase in the future. The attorneys at James F. Roberts & Associates have the experience and the tools to make sure that you pay the minimum taxes on your estate when you pass away. If your entire estate — including your home, rental properties, bank and brokerage accounts, retirement accounts, and other assets — is valued at $1 million or more, then you need a trust to protect your assets from probate and potentially paying 35% in estate tax. It is important to remember that the amount of your life insurance policy is also included in your estate for purposes of estate taxation. If you want to pass down as much wealth to your beneficiaries as possible and give the government the minimum amount of taxes, our attorneys can draft a trust tailored to your needs.
Are You Worried About Estate Taxes? Call Us!
- Posted on 06/28/2017What are the advantages of creating a trust?
- Posted on 12/17/2015How to Ensure the Care and Welfare of Your Pet After You Die
- Posted on 12/10/2015Anaheim Estate Planning: Don’t Forget These Items
- Posted on 12/14/2015 Learning the Root Causes of Estate Litigation May Allow You to Avoid Having Your Will or Trust Invalidated
- Posted on 11/18/2015 Pick the Right Person to Manage Your Estate
- Posted on 09/07/2015 Don’t Forget Your LLC Operating Agreement When Creating an Estate Plan