Fortunately for nervous trustees and executors, in many cases, the fiduciaries have the ability to seek out professional advisors to help with the administration process. Choosing the right financial professional to invest trust assets, however, can be an intimidating task. The following are helpful tips to help guide you through the process of choosing a financial advisor who can assist with implementing a trust or administering an estate:
- Look for an advisor who is familiar with working with trustees and trusts.
- Seek referrals from trusted friends and colleagues.
- Search for an advisor who will choose an investment strategy that takes on an appropriate amount of risk.
- Ensure that the advisor is properly licensed and has the necessary credentials.
- Seek an advisor who will provide frequent updates as to the status of the investments and who is easy to reach when needed.
- Find an advisor with whom you are able to develop a good rapport.
Once you find the financial advisor that can assist you in the administration of your Anaheim trust, it is important to stay involved with the investment of the assets. Carefully review the account statements, and stay in regular communication with the investment advisor.
To learn more about revocable living trusts and the administration process, view our free guide, Understanding the Revocable Living Trust - In Language that Anyone Can Understand in 8 Minutes. The knowledgeable Anaheim trust lawyers at the Law Office of James F. Roberts & Associates, APC, will provide additional information. Call our office today at (714) 459-5481 for a consultation.