If your trust is in fact still an ABC trust, this is probably not the current best strategy for you because it was set up before the exemption amount has stabilized at $5,250,000. Your estate plan (if modified) will be cheaper and easier to implement at the death of one of you if you don't have the ABC trust. I recommend that you and your wife have your trust reviewed for free to give you the peace of mind that your trust is current.
I think my wife and I have an A-B-C Trust. Do the new 2013 Estate Tax laws affect us? Our assets are significantly below $5,250,000.
- Posted on 12/03/2015Lamar Odom Tragedy Highlights Need for Living Will
- Posted on 11/25/2015What to Consider When Updating Your Advance Health Care Directive
- Posted on 10/12/2015Is a QTIP Trust the Answer After a Second Marriage?
- Posted on 12/09/2015 Doing Good After You’ve Gone: Charitable Trusts and Gifts by Will
- Posted on 11/12/2015 Modify Your Estate Plan When Concerns About Incapacity Arise
- Posted on 10/12/2015 Consider Making Your Trust a QTIP After a Second Marriage